Thursday 23 January 2014

102kms



Last week was a great week of running. I started with 30km on the Monday, which was not as planned.  I originally wanted to do a 42.2km run on the Monday followed by a 30km run but it was switched around. I plan on doing this for my next back to back runs instead. It was a good run, very warm, great to be outdoors and I never get sick of the view from Mt Ainslie. 

The 42.2km run was very challenging, it was nice and cool for first few hours but then started to warm up very quickly, expecting a top of 37 for the day. I Found a track I hadn’t been on before heading up Mt Majura and I loved it! It was a nice walking trail, very enjoyable!  I also saw my first snake for the season! It was a Tiger snake, which is exciting because they aren’t often sighted in the ACT.  There was lots of ups & downs on this run, feeling great and refreshed then feeling tired and worn out, legs started to hurt towards the end, but this was the good kind of hurt! I was pretty buggered arriving at home, but also elated to have completed two solid back to back runs!  I managed to consume plenty of food and drink! My Favourite was lemon iced tea, it was divine! I also enjoyed a red bull which went down quite well.

After some well-deserved rest, on Saturday I smashed my 5k PB at Parkrun. I managed a 4:03min/k for the first km, I went out hard! I started to tire towards the middle and end, but it was worth it. This run hurt quite a bit, but I am so happy with my PB! 

For the week I completed 102kms which I was very happy with, and feeling pretty good about it! Not as much elevation gain as I would have liked though! Will have to push harder next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment