Thursday 12 December 2013

Two Peaks



Last week my training didn’t go to plan, which is to be expected and nothing ever goes to plan! On the Monday I did 16km on road around lake in 28 degrees heat at 5pm,  it was very tough going. I had to pour water over myself constantly and had lots of breaks. I also found running on the road very challenging, it was harder on my legs. I was completed buggered by the end of this run and starving too! I was planning a back to back run for the next day but I knew I wasn’t going to be able to do it as planned. It is important to listen to your body. I decided on a much shorter hill repeats session instead and had more of a sleep in so I could recuperate. Training doesn’t always go to plan and that’s fine, you just have to work your way around it. On The Tuesday I also did the Mt Ainslie Run Up which is held in the middle of the day, it was very hot, way too hot for my liking! I was two minutes slower than last time but it was still enjoyable.

Mt Majura Summit
On the Friday I decided to do my long run so I was up at 5am and out the door by 5:45 am to a pleasantly cool morning , loving this quiet time of the day and the glistening morning sun. I decided to run two peaks, Mt Majura and Mt Ainslie, and didn’t worry about how long it would take me. I was pleased because my legs felt great even on some of the first hills, must be those hill reps I’ve been doing! I also felt like I was in a great place mentally, and I ran well on the bike path section that I found tough the week before. I stopped over at McDonalds and decided on a Fanta & raisin toast which went down a treat! I spent around 5 hours on my feet covering 36kms with 898m in elevation gain. 




   
Two Peaks run elevation profile


For the week I completed around 77kms and am pleased with my progression so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment